My DIY scrubber

Discussion in 'Algae Scrubber DIY' started by Steve Lane, Aug 13, 2015.

Welcome to Algae Scrubbing Join our community today
  1. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

It`s been 9 days since I installed this.....thanks to Bud and his patience for some very good advice.
    Hows it looking and should I be cleaning the screen?
    Thanks.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

You could clean it now or in a few days. At this point just a swipe of the palm or rub with fingertips, then rinse with a cup of tank water. Don't scrub or scrape

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Steve Lane likes this.
  3. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

I`ll leave it till the weekend Bud, I`m going to change the weir tube for a wider diameter one.....I think that`s why it`s a little noisy.

4. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

And i was right, the tube I used was just not large enough diameter-wise and now all is quiet.
    I have also installed the 2 ip65 LEDs which arrived this morning.
    [​IMG]
    I`ll clean the screen in a day or two.

Turbo likes this.
  5. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

2nd cleaning today and a nice growth of GHA. Used a credit card to clean it off and rinsed in ro/do water before refitting.
    Hows it looking?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Turbo

Turbo Does not really look like Johnny Carson Staff Member Site Owner Multiple Units! Customer

started on 8/4, so that 18 days from zero? Very good!

7. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

Yes, I was surprised at the growth since last weekend and how it`s gone from the brown to green....you don`t notice the colour under the red LEDs which replaced the warm whites last Saturday.

8. Steve Lane

Steve Lane New Member

2nd cleaning after 25 days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looking ok?

9. atoll

atoll Member

Those ip65 LEDs are just great. I have 2 of the same on my DIY scrubber. 20150718_110031.jpg